Smith & Nephew Secura No-Sting Barrier Film Swabs
Secura No-Sting Barrier Filmis a liquid film forming skin protectant that minimises stinging. On application to intact or damaged skin, it forms a protective interface that helps protect intact and damaged skin from irritation due to:
- urinary and faecal incontinence
- Bodily fluids
- Adhesive trauma
- Frictional forces
Features and Benefits:
- Non irritating and alcohol free formulation which reduces the potential for stinging.
- Fast drying time of under 30 seconds.
- Effective waterproof and breathable barrier for up to 96 hours (4 days)
- The unique polymer formulation means only one coat is needed to form a protective film.
- Once applied the film is clear providing constant visibility of the skin and periwound area.
- Applies easily, even on areas such as elbows, knees, and heels. Moves naturally with patients' skin and won't crack or peel.
- Secura No-Sting Barrier Film forms a protective, waterproof barrier which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive dressings, drainage tubes, external catheters and around ostomy sites.
- Secura No-Sting Barrier Film can also be used to help protect areas of the body that are as risk of irritation due to friction damage caused by external surfaces.
- Secura No-Sting Barrier Film may be used on intact or damaged skin. The product may be used on adults, children and full term infants from one month, with normal skin.
Contraindications and Precautions:
- For external use only.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes. In the case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water.
- Do not apply directly to open wounds or in deep puncture wounds. Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, discontinue use.
- Do not apply to infected areas of the skin.
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to any of the ingredients.