Smith & Nephew Footswitch Multi Function Versajet II
The Versajet II Hydrosurgery System is intended for wound debridement (acute, chronic wounds and burns), soft tissue debridement and cleansing of the surgical site in applications that, in the physician's judgment, require sharp debridement and pulsed lavage irrigation.
The Versajet II system is designed for use by qualified and trained medical professionals. It is recommended to study this user guide, paying particular attention to all Warnings and Precautions, prior to any surgical procedure. Improper system use or set up, or failure to follow this user guide may cause injury or damage not covered under the warranty.
- This device should be used with particular care in patients with hemophilia or other blood clotting disorders and in patients receiving anti-coagulant medication.
- This device can cut soft tissue. Apply only to tissues and debris intended to be excised from the wound.
- This device is not suitable for use in the presence of a flammable anaesthetic mixture with air or oxygen.
- Increasing console power settings will lead to more aggressive tissue removal. Use caution near delicate vessels and structures, such as neurovascular bundles.
- The Versajet II hand pieces are designed for connection only to the Versajet II system console. DO NOT attempt to connect to any other equipment.
- The Versajet II Plus hand pieces provide more aggressive debridement and excision when compared to the Versajet II Exact hand pieces. Versajet II Plus is appropriate for wounds that require aggressive, yet selective, removal of tissues that are tough, heavily necrotic, contaminated or burnt. Users should be aware that just as with any sharp instrument, care and attention must be maintained while using the Versajet II Plus hand pieces near delicate vessels and structures.
- Versajet II is intended primarily for use in the operating room environment. Only the 45 degree Versajet II Exact hand pieces (66800041 and 66800042) are suitable for use outside the operating room. Attention to universal infection control procedures should be applied when using the device outside the controlled environment of the operating room.
- The 15 degree, 14mm Versajet II Exact hand piece (66800040) and all of the VersajetII Plus hand pieces (66800043, 66800044 and 66800045) should not be used outside the operating room due to the potential of excessive misting or spraying.
- If the Versajet II Exact 45 degree hand pieces are used outside the operating room, ensure the floor immediately surrounding the treatment area is covered and any splashes cleaned after treatment is complete.
The Versajet II system consists of three primary components:
- Console with foot switch (reusable equipment)
- Single-use hand piece assembly
- Power cord ‚Äì regionally configured