Smith & Nephew Allevyn Adhesive Dressing
There are many times when best patient care demands a combination of virtues in the same dressing: high absorbency, conformability, secure self-adhesion as well as waterproof and bacteria-proof performance.
Allevyn Adhesive, with its unique triple layer formation, has been designed to achieve this combination to ensure optimal fluid handling to support moist wound healing. Allevyn Adhesive is an economically-efficientdressing specifically designed to manage chronic or acute exuding wounds.
- The unique triple action technology helps to maintain an optimal balance in fluid creating a moist wound environment for healing
- The low allergy adhesivehelps to keep the dressing securely in place without adhering to the wound
- The highly breathable top film helps to minimise the risk of maceration to the wound and peri-wound
- Provides an effective barrier function to exogenous bacteria as well as helping to prevent fluid and bacterial strikethrough
- Easy to apply and remove
- Conforms to body contours and is very comfortable for patients
- Available in a wide range of sizes which can be cut to fit awkward areas such as elbows and heels
- Sacral sizes available which combine the same high-absorbency and secure self-adhesion in an anatomically-shaped dressing.
Allevyn Adhesive dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Fungating wounds