Smith & Nephew Acticoat Absorbent Antimicrobial Silver Dressing
Acticoat Absorbent with SILCRYST nanocrystals is an absorbent alginate dressing incorporating nanocrystalline silver on both sides of the dressing to provide antimicrobial protection and absorbency.
- Highly absorbent alginate
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier
- Fast acting
- Long lasting
- Effective barrier to over 150 pathogensin vitro
- Helps prevent infection
- Reduces risk of colonisation
- Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment
- Easy to use
- Low adherence to the moist wound
- Calcium alginate fabric.
- Absorbs exudate
- Fast acting, kills in as little as 2hrsin vitro.
- ActicoatAbsorbent dressing provides a long-lasting antimicrobial barrier which helps to prevent and reduce infection
- Sustained release of silver into the dressing and to the wound bed to provide antimicrobial protection.
- Dressing can remain in place for up to 7 days depending on the nature of the wound and level of exudate present
- Helps to maintain a moist wound healing environment, to assist faster healing
- Prevents and reduces infection
- Conforms to wound contours
- Does not adhere to the delicate tissues in the wound bed.
Contraindications and precautions:
- WhilstActicoatAbsorbent assists in the management of wounds prone to minor bleeding, it is not intended to be used as a surgical sponge or to achieve haemostasis in heavily bleeding wounds.
- Acticoat Absorbent is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG
- Do not use if product colour is not uniform
- Ensure that the packing in cavities, sinuses etc has been removed.
- The dressing may adhere if used on very lightly exuding wounds. If the dressing is not easily removed, moisten it with sterile water then remove
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver or alginates
- Do not use on patients undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination
- Do not use on dry or non-exuding wounds.